Do you believe in the NEXT GENERATION? Do you believe the best days of the church are ahead of us rather than behind us? Do you believe that a church should GIVE KIDS & STUDENTS THE BEST rather than the adults? Do you believe that KIDS & STUDENTS are forming world views that will shape the rest of their lives? Well… we do! And if you are in agreement with us, then let me encourage you to apply for our NEXT GEN/TEACHING PASTOR position at VAUGHN FOREST CHURCH.
Our Next Gen Pastor will serve four main roles.
- Lead, train, coach, and give oversight to our entire Next Gen Ministry Team. This currently includes our Preschool Director, Volunteer Coordinator, Children’s Minister, & Associate Student Pastor.
- Be the point leader for our High School Ministry, with a special emphasis given to our Wednesday night Student Ministry Worship Service.
- Serve on the Directional Leadership Team along with the Lead Pastor, Administrative Pastor, Creative Pastor, and Small Groups Pastor.
- Teach on Sundays in our two main worship services when the Lead Pastor does not.
Vaughn Forest Church is poised for incredible growth within our Next Gen Ministries. A large percentage of our attendance is comprised of families with young kids and teenagers. Our Lead Pastor has made the next generation the focus of his leadership. And, we have a state-of-the-art facility with opportunities for future expansion with Next Gen Ministry Environments.
Vaughn Forest Church is located in Montgomery, Alabama. Our church sits on Vaughn Road, conveniently located across the street from Wynlakes Golf & Country Club and less than five minutes from the East Chase Shopping Area. The rapidly growing Pike Road community is also a short ten-minute drive from our campus. Our community is a great one to live in combining high quality of life, with low cost of living.
Vaughn Forest Church can best be described by the following phrases:
- Diversity in our church family reflective of the city we love, Montgomery.
- Life Changing Worship Experiences.
- Practical Biblical Teaching.
- Biblical Community through Life Groups.
- A heart for evangelism in both our immediate community and around the world through our global missions.
- Proven track record of leading staff members including but not limited to: Pre-School Director, Children’s Pastor, & Student Pastor.
- Proven track record of growing a high school ministry.
- Proven track record of leading weekly student worship services.
- Proven track record of passionately communicating the truth of God’s Word in large environments in a way where it is practical and relevant to the lives of those attending.
- Proven track record recruiting, encouraging and retaining Student Ministry Volunteers.
- Proven track record of leading a team of volunteers in a way where they are raving fans of the student ministry.
- Proven track record of incredible communication with parents so that they are raving fans of the student ministry.
- Proven track record of clearly communicating to Volunteer Leaders through weekly emails, audio trainings, videos, etc.
- Ability to work locally with schools and community organizations so that Vaughn Forest Church can serve families in our community.
- A team player that loves serving on a team with other like-minded pastors to reach the next generation.
- Solid organizational skills.
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched.
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER & LINK TO A RECENT SERMON will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 5 questions:
- Why you are interested in this position?
- Define your call to ministry.
- Why would you feel comfortable relocating to the Montgomery, Alabama area?
- How would stepping into this position serve your family well?
- What about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Please send cover letters and resumes to [email protected].