“And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God”
Vaughn Forest Church sponsors the Weekday Preschool as a ministry of the church.
Our purpose is to provide a learning environment that will help preschoolers grow as Jesus grew.
*Please note that all workers that serve in our Weekday Preschool undergo a background check to ensure that your child is safe and cared for.
Our program incorporates many educational hands-on activities and allows self-discovery through instruction. Your child will participate in a variety of learning centers that include art, books, blocks, puzzles, nature, music, and dramatic play. Our curriculum is thematically based and provides instruction in phonics and math.
The children attend Chapel each week. The lessons taught during this time are reinforced in the classroom throughout the week. Bible verses are also taught.
Social skills are developed through sharing, taking turns, reasoning, and problem solving.
Vaughn Forest Preschool Staff
Vaughn Forest Preschool is staffed by Christian Educators with many years of experience in Early Childhood Education. The student/teacher ratio is as follows:
- 18 months – 23 months: 6 students / 1 teacher
- Twos: 7 students / 1 teacher
- Threes: 8 students / 1 teacher
- Fours: 14 students / 1 teacher
- Kindergarten: 14 students / 1 teacher
Children are placed in classes based on their age as of September 1st.
- 18 Month to 23 Month Old Classes: This class meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Parents may choose 1, 2, or 3 days based on the availability.
- 2 Year Old Class: The three day class meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The two day class meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- 3 Year Old Class: This is a three day class that meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- 4 Year Old Class: There is a three day class that meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. A five day class is also offered that meets Monday through Friday.
- Kindergarten: This class meets Monday through Friday.
- Regular Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Early Room: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- Late Room: Monday – Friday, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
An Early Room and a Late Room are provided daily. The cost for Early and Late Room is $5.00 per child per hour. The fee is paid to the teacher in charge at the time of service.
Vaughn Forest Weekday Preschool follows the Montgomery County Public School calendar.
Our school year is August through May. Registration for the new school year will begin in January.
Each child must have an updated immunization record on file in the Preschool Office before he/she will be allowed to attend school.
For more information on our weekday preschool program, email our Preschool Director Mary James Newsome by clicking here.
To download our Parent Handbook please click here.